I haven't been able to sit at my computer for the past couple days since I've been busy with my out-of-state friend who's visiting, BUT Carmel over the weekend with J was a-mah-zing and I did not want to leave! More on that (with lots of pictures) in my next post, since I'm about to head down to my parents' house today for mom's birthday. (I'm borrowing my late-grandfather's black Lincoln Towncar for the journey. Gangster.) There's a fabulous rumor going around that we all may go down to Carmel tonight for her birthday dinner. I would not be opposed to this.
For now, Johnny Madrid over at Just Johnny passed a Versatile Blogger Award to me, and I'm s'posed to name seven random facts about myself and pass it on to seven other bloggers. (You know the drill.)
- I can recite all the states in alphabetical order.
- When I was a baby I jumped out of my mom's arms and cracked my skull on a sidewalk outside of a See's Candies. My mother and father were completely distraught over it since I was their first, and I had to spend days in the hospital undergoing tests and procedures for the incident. (Spinal taps? Not fun.) Luckily everything turned out normal...I think? ;)
- I have found the secret to looking young forever: Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I've been dousing myself in it every single day and night, and will do so for the rest of my life if it translates to supple, unwrinkled skin.
- The biggest turn-on for me is ambition. The guy can be okay-looking but if he's ambitious, then I'm on board. (This quality was one of the many that attracted me to J. It doesn't hurt that he's also devastatingly handsome.)
- I believe all women fall into one of two categories: a Betty or a Veronica. A similar categorical assessment could use the Wakefield twins from Sweet Valley High: Are you a Jessica or an Elizabeth?
- I used to feel really sorry for homeless people and gave them lots of money, but watching Intervention has hardened my sentimental heart to the cause. (Though I do still feel sorry for homeless people who have obvious mental issues like schizophrenia. That's just sad.)
- I DESPISE passive aggressive people. If you obviously have a problem with me or someone else, just say it! Your explanation will be heard. If you instead take the passive aggressive route and insult or berate in annoying little bratty ways then you are an insecure idiot who has no right to complain. Confront or move on.
And I pass on this award to: